Monday, October 5, 2015
Creative Team Member Candice Windham recently shared this fun Man Cave fan pull made with Duck Commander® stamps here on her blog. We love how clever Candice is about thinking outside the box when crafting!
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Man Cave Decorative Tile
Designed by Candice Windham
Nothing says manly man more than Duck Commander® images and sayings.
Here’s an easy project using KellyCraft’s™ Duck Commander® Stamps, Stazon Ink and Kool Tak Artist’s Tape. It’s quick, but looks like you spent all day on it. The best part: It’s a double duty project. It can be placed on a small easel for pure decorativeness or placed next to his manly man recliner as a coaster to hold a man-sized drink.
Make it for your favorite guy’s man cave. He’ll love you for it.
KellyCraft™- Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™
- Duck Commander® Stamp Set #2
6” unglazed tile (3)
Cork, 5 ½’ x 5 ½”
Krylon Triple Thick Sealer
Stazon Inks, Black, Olive Green, Mustard, Rusty Brown, Saddle Brown
Woodgrain background stamp (Stampin’ Up)
Swirl Stamp (Magenta)
Artist’s Tape (Kool Tak)
1. Place two 6” tiles along the edge of the KellyCraft™ Multi-Mat™ to raise the height of the Get-it-Straight™Laser Square and place the Laser Square in place.
2. Place the tile in the corner, set the KellyCraft Get-it-Straight Laser at 4 ¼ ” from the bottom of the tile and attach the Artist’s Tape horizontally. Turn the tile 90° and repeat. Press the tape edges down well.
3. Sponge Stazon onto the tile, beginning with Mustard and Deep Rust and finishing with Olive
4. Cover the areas you don’t want to stamp with sticky notes and
stamp the woodgrain and swirls with Saddle Brown and the Duck Commander stamps with Jet Black. Allow all to dry and then remove the Artist’s Tape and apply Timber brown Stazon to the edges with a sponge.
6. Lightly spray two coats of Kryon Triple-Thick Sealer to the front
of the tile, allowing it to dry between coats.