Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Get-It-Straight Notebook

"Just a Note" Notebook By Ann Butler Designs 
I love journals, notebooks and paper; I like to doodle, draw and write. Which may be why I like to create little notebooks and journals to have on hand for unexpected gifts and such. This little notebook was a snap to make since it was actually a purchased notebook that I picked up at a dollar store where they were 3 for $1....and yes I did pick up several to have on hand. I created the saying "Just a Note" with the Mandolyn font from the Duetica Lettering System. I printed the saying out on a piece of scrap print card stock by placing the print cardstock into the corner of the white card stock (where I knew it would print) with removable adhesive dots; making it easy to take off of the white card stock. I trimmed the saying down to fit on the front of the journal, inked up the edges, used my "Get-It-Straight" Laser Square to perfectly align the saying, glued it on and added the rhinestones. Created quick and easy, make several to have on hand for gifts!



Supplies:
"Get-It-Straight" Laser Square
Removable Adhesive Dots by Velcro® Brand
Duetica Lettering System: Mandolyn  
Zip Dry by Beacon Adhesives 
Colorbox Ink Pad: Mudslide  



Rhinestone Swirl by Want2Scrap 
Notebook 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Card Stock: white 8 1/2" x 11"

Card Stock: Decorative 5" x 5"
Scissor 


Create saying "Just a Note" with the Duetica Lettering System and print out onto decorative card stock which has been adhered to white card stock with removable adhesive dots.
Cut saying to 3 1/4" x 3 1/2"; ink up the edges.



 Use the "Get-It-Straight" Laser Square 

to aling the saying to the front of the notebook.


turn the notebook around to align it straight on all sides of the notebook,




You can see by the photo that it is easy to get it straight with the Laser Square.

Glue in place.
Adhere rhinestone swirl to front.

2 comments:

  1. Fun idea Ann
    Great gift idea.
    Every time I see this tool I want to use it to align my ribbons and fabrics when I sew, I always eyeball and it is crooked...lol
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn....this would be perfect for your ribbons, fabric and such....time saver too!

    ReplyDelete