Friday, June 21, 2013

Centering Banners with the Get-It-Straight Laser Square

Project by: Kristin Kelly

Time With Family scrapbook layout

Placing a banner using the KellyCraft Get-It-Straight Laser Square

Supplies:
Get-It-Straight Laser Square
Wood grain paper - DCWV
Florentine paper pack - Close To My Heart
Card stock - CTMH
Desert Sand Re-inker - CTMH
Stamps, ribbon, adhesive pearls - CTMH
Cricut machine
Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge
Adhesive - Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Scotch

I have a bad habit of leaving my pictures on my camera card for way too long. So when I finally got around to downloading pictures and saw the pictures we took this April at Washington On The Brazos State Park, I had to make a layout! I use my Laser Square with practically every project I do, but when I decided to put a banner on this layout, I knew my Laser Square was the perfect tool to help with the job! After putting together the bulk of my layout, I was ready to put on the banners.

So first, I needed to mark the center point for my banner. For the word 'Family', I was using the full width of my page, so I set my Laser Square at 6" to place the flags for the M and I. The words I used happened to have an even number of letters, so my center was between two letters. If the words had an odd number of letters, you would just place the flag for the middle letter at the center point.



Then, to get the remaining flags even with each other, I turned my Laser Square to shine the line horizontally across the page to align the top corners of the flags for the remaining letters.

 
 
Using the same technique, I placed the banner for the word 'Time' on the first page. Adding the remaining embellishments and pictures, and a family scrapbook layout is complete!

 
 
And while my banners weren't straight across, the Laser Square was crucial to getting them centered and even across the page! Yet another use for the Get-It-Straight Laser Square! Making scrapbooking quicker and easier and straight and even!

Sent from my iPad
Kristin Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment