Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Magnolia Card with KellyCraft & Spellbinders



Created by Lisa Rojas, Stampin' Queen Creations
Give The Queen A Call!

Hi Everyone,

When our Design Team Lead, Ann Butler, contacted us about doing a cross promotion with KellyCraft Get-it-Straight Laser Square and Spellbinders I was ecstatic!  Everyone who  follows my work knows that I'm totally in love with my Get-it-Straight Laser Square and have been since I first saw it at the CHA trade show last year!  Well, I also love Spellbinders die-cutting machines and die cuts.  Their die cuts have so much detail and creating with them is like a dream for a designer like me who loves lots of detail in my work.

This Magnolia card is very simple to create, but with all the delicate details in the die cuts that I used, this card also has an elegance to it that you cannot achieve with other die cuts on the market.  And I think that is why Spellbinders products are so popular.  I hope that you give this wonderful company a try.  You won't be disappointed!

Magnolia Card


Finished Size- 6"W x 5 3/4"H

Supplies


Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
Offray Ribbon
Westcott Personal Paper Trimmer
Foam Circles
Rhinestones

Instructions
Gather all of your supplies.  Cut Blue Calypso cardstock
6"W x 5 3/4"H for base card and Atlantic cardstock
5 3/4"W x 4 3/4"H for top layer.



Following manufacturer's instructions, use scraps of French Vanilla
cardstock and two die cuts from the Gold Labels Four set to cut
out die shapes.
Use stylist to add ink around edges. 

Stamp flower twice on French Vanilla cardstock.

Use the Get-it-Straight Laser Square to line ribbon
up on larger shape.

Adhere larger shape to Atlantic cardstock using
the Laser Square.  Wrap ribbon edges under cardstock.

Align smaller shape with Laser Square and adhere
to larger shape.

Cut out flowers and adhere foam dots to bottom
flower.  Adhere flowers together.

Adhere layers together to the card base and flowers
to the card center.  Use Laser Square to align card layers
and also to add rhinestones to the card.

Finished Magnolia Card


Magnolia Card- Side View

No comments:

Post a Comment