Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Creating Canvas Wall Hanging with the Get-It-Straight Laser Square

I love the beautiful canvas wall hangings that I have seen everywhere lately, but had not been brave enough to create one for myself yet. So I purchased a kit from Close to My Heart that contained everything to make one canvas, but there were enough accessories to make a second. I certainly couldn't let those items go to waste so I purchased a 12x12 canvas from Michael's and decided to make a second wall hanging. I didn't want to have a plain white canvas as my background so I thought I would paint different sized stripes on the canvas. I was worried about getting the lines straight, but with my Kellycraft Laser Square that wasn't a problem at all!





Supplies:
KellyCraft
Get-It-Straight Laser Square
12" x 12" Canvas - Michaels
Canvas Kit Supplies – Close To My Heart
Acrylic Paint 
Painter's Tape
Adhesive (Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Scotch, Liquid Glass)


Instructions:
1. Using the Get-It-Straight Laser Square and painter's tape, make a line across the canvas about a 1/2" from the top. 


2. Continue adding lines of painter's tape at random intervals. Use the laser square to line up each piece of tape.




3. Paint the canvas and allow time to dry. Remove painter's tape and decorate with pictures and embellishments.

I love the way the canvas turned out and can't wait to hang it up in our hallway. It was so simple and easy to create an amazing background using the  Get-It-Straight Laser Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment