Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Aligning Rubber Stamp Text with the KellyCraft Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square!

 

I recently discovered another great use for the KellyCraft Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square!

To get the most versatility out of my unmounted phrase stamps, I often cut them into individual words so I can mix and max the phrases.  I can spell out whatever I’d like on an acrylic block, then change it as needed.  Until now, aligning the different fonts and words has been a bit of a challenge.  Today when creating this card I realized that my KellyCraft Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square could not only help me align my papers, but my stamped verse too!

by
Cindi Bisson, Behind These Eyes




Materials: 

Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square
Clearsnap ColorBox Crafter’s Inkpad - Aruba
ScraPerfect The Best Glue Ever, Perfect Crafting
Brown cardstock, white cardstock
Patterned papers from Lawn Fawn, The Robin’s Nest and Lasting Impressions 
The Robin’s Nest Dew Drops embellishments
MemoryMixer downloadable digital floral image
Westcott Paper Trimmer

Instructions:

Create card from brown cardstock.

Print digital floral image, trim.   Add Dew Drop embellishments to centers of flowers.

Select assorted patterned papers and create mats for background of card.  I used left over scraps of papers.  

Ink the edges of all papers with Aruba Crafter’s inkpad.  Pat with Perfect Crafting Pouch to dry pigment ink instantly.

Use KellyCraft Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align papers as desired on front of card, mount.




To stamp inside sentiment, use KellyCraft Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align individual words in “have a happy day” phrase.   *Note - I raised up my square so the laser would shine on the surface of the acrylic block.  Stamp onto paper, dry with pouch, trim.




Select papers for inside of card, ink edges of all inside pieces and dry with pouch.

Use KellyCraft Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align placement of verse and decorative papers inside of card.




No comments:

Post a Comment