Monday, January 28, 2013

Word of The Year Sign

I realize I'm a little late to the game but I figured that shouldn't stop me from picking a word for 2013. Nor should it stop me from whipping up this super simple word sign using poster board, alcohol inks, poster letters and of course my Get-It-Straight laser square. One could say my 2013 will be laser focused ;)

Supplies:
11x16 piece of poster board
Xacto knife
2 colors of alcohol inks I used Tim Holtz
2 sizes of pouncers
Paper poster board letters with self adhesive back or double sided tape. 

Instructions:

  1. Use your laser square to make your poster board cut lines. Cut out with Xacto knife. 
  2. Align your letters about a half in from the bottom of the sign. 
  3. Add some purple alcohol ink to your pouncer and work the heavy amounts around the edges of the frame. As the ink gets lighters work around the letters, making sure they are flat and secure in place. 
  4. Add a second color (I used red) with a smaller pouncer but in the same fashion as above. 
  5. Remove letters and pt your sign in a place where you will always see it!




No comments:

Post a Comment