Friday, July 10, 2015

Hello Cupcake by Kristina Beagle


Hey Everyone! Kristina here today with a fun foiling project using my Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square. I love the look of foiling and don’t do it as much as I’d like, but was inspired by a video Jennifer McGuire recently posted using tape to do foiling! I didn’t have the Be Creative tape so I just cut the full size sheets into little ¼” strips. Here’s what I did.


SUPPLIES

KellyCraft™ Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™
Bazzill Cardshoppe Cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
My Favorite Things: Pierced Circles
My Favorite Things: Stitched Fishtail Flags
MFT/Pure Innocense: Hello Cupcake
Copic Markers
Bone Folder
Pretty Pink Posh: Sequins

INSTRUCTIONS:

1- Starting with an a2 sized card base I set a line with my Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square ½” off the
top of the cardstock.

2- Remove the release paper from one side of the tape strip and adhere using the laser line as a guide.

3- Next, repeat this process ½” off the bottom of the cardstock, you will now how two tape strips adhered on each side of the card.

4- Using a bone folder, rub the tape down firmly, then remove the release paper.

5- Now, adhere small strips of foil to the exposed tape and rub lightly with your bone folder, you will not have two perfectly straight & foiled strips!

6- I went on to finish my card by adhering a 3” white layer between the two foiled strips, followed by
a circle to spotlight a colored image and sentiment.


No comments:

Post a Comment