Monday, February 23, 2015

One Sketch - Two Cards by Martha Lucia Gomez


Hi everyone, Martha Lucia here with one sketch and two cards to share with you. I created these cards using the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™, one sentiment from the  Jimbo Lojik™ Stamp Set G and two Duck Commander® Wood Stamps, Duck Men and Work Hard Nap Hard. I really love to use the Jimbo Lojik™ Stamps in my creations, they have many funny sentiments that fit in perfectly my life so I like to add  this kind of humor to my cards. Also, the Duck Commander® Stamps are great for masculine creations.... But let me tell you how I made my cards.

Materials:


KellyCraft™- Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square, Multi-Mat™
                     - Jimbo Lojik™ Stamp Set G
                     - Duck Commander® Wood Stamps: Duck Men and Work Hard Nap Hard
Stampin Up -  Card Stock, Triangle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Chevron Border Punch, Bermuda Bay Classic Ink, Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Candy Dots and Linen Thread
Others: Snail Adhesive, Dimensionals







Instructions:

For both cards, I cut all the pieces to build these. The size of the card is a regular size 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". The second layer is 5-1/2" x1-3/4", the third  and four layers depend of the size of the sentiments and decorations that you use on it.

















1. Using the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™, paste layers one and two and put this aside. Then paste layers three and four.



2.  Now is time to stamp the sentiment.  You can align this using the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square too.






3. To decorate this piece I used some die cuts from a Chevron Punch to create  an arrow. I aligned the
points of this using thhe Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and the little squares of the Multi-Mat™. After this, I pasted the entire piece over the card base, again using the laser ti align.

4. To finalize the decoration I stamped some little triangles in different colors, I cut them with a punch and pasted them with dimensionals.

5. All the parts were assembled with different heights for added dimension.

For my second card I did the same process. I only changed the colors and the stamps but used the same sketch.


















My Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square is definitely the most effective tool. Look how it works the same way when I use wood stamps.

I hope you liked these projects that I made using one sketch and come back soon for more inspiration! - Martha Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment