Monday, February 9, 2015

COURAGE Layout by Kristin Kelly

COURAGE 
Designed by Kristin Kelly

You might not think it would take a lot if courage to get on a mechanical bull, but for an autistic child, it takes a little more than most. James loves the rodeo, but watching and participating are very different! After a little encouraging, he got on the bull and thankfully for an understanding operator, he had a great time. And the Jimbo Lojik stamp fit this experience perfectly! James was pretty scared, but he saddled up anyway, and it turned into a great layout with the help of KellyCraft.

Materials:

KellyCraft™ - Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™
                      - Jimbo Lojik™ Stamp Set E
• CTMH  Sarsaparilla paper pack, Durables Squares, Burlap Ribbon and Desert Sand Re-inker
• Cricut Art Philosophy and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges
• Jolee's boutique stickers
• Scotch ATG and Pop Dots













Instructions:

1. I started with a 12x12 base. Then cut a patterned paper 11x11, inked and distressed the edges and
adheredusing my KellyCraft™ Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™.

2. Next I cut the edges off of the burlap ribbon, to make it narrower and to have the edges frayed, and lined it up with my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and adhered.


3. Then I cut a 3x12 patterned piece, inked and adhered flush with the right edge and another patterned piece 1/2x12 next to it.

4. I wanted the 3 1/4x3 1/4 photo mats to be 1/4" apart, so I set my laser at 6", then went up 1/8" and down 1/8" to get the spacing and adhered after inking the edges.

5. Next, I cut photo mats 5 1/4x7 1/4, 5 3/4x7 3/4 and 6 1/4x8 1/4. Inked and distressed the edges, and put together using my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square the adhered to the layout again using my Laser Square.

6. Then I cut the title using the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. After placing the C, I set a line with the Laser Square to align the remaining letters. Then I tied burlap ribbon pieces around some of the letters.

7. Next I adhered the pictures, then I cut a rectangle for the stamp and one to mat with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and inked the edges. Then I used the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square to stamp my Jimbo Lojik™ phrase.













8. Then I adhered the phrase and the square durables using the Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align on the
burlap ribbon.

9. Finally I placed the Jolee's stickers to complete the layout of our courageous boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment