Monday, June 15, 2015

BLOOM "Crooked" Layout by LaJeania Hicks

Bloom "Crooked" Layout 
Designed by LaJeania Hicks

I love the look of a “crooked” layout, but I never could seem to get it “evenely crooked” enough for my OCD to allow me to leave it crooked. Using the Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™, I was able to perfectly align my layout so that everything was offset just the right amount. I love the look and it was so much less stressful using my Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™.

Materials:

KellyCraft™ - Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square
                      - Multi-Mat™
Blossom Paper Pack - Close To My Heart
Glacier Extra Thick Twine - Close To My Heart
Glacier, Lagoon, Pear, Sweet Leaf, Smoothie Ink Pads - Close To My Heart  
Lagoon, Pear, Sweet Leaf, Smoothie, White Daisy Cardstock - Close To My Heart
Coral Reef Oceanside Sequins - Close To My Heart
Hurray Bouquet, Your Own Kind of Wonderful, Shower Flowers Stamp Sets - Close To My Heart
Artbooking Artiste Cricut Cartridge - Close To My Heart  
Adhesive (Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Scotch ATG)

Instructions:

1. Cut the paper as listed:Flower patterned paper – 7”x11”; 5”x11” Glacier patterned paper – 4”x11”; 2 ½”x11”; 3 ½”x11”Lagoon Cardstock – 12”x12” (2); 4 ½”x6 ½”Smoothie Cardstock – 4”x6”(2); 4 ¼”x6 ¼”; 2 ¾”x 2 ¾” (4); Cricut Cut Bloom @ 2” White Daisy Cardstock – 4”x6” for stamped images; Cricut cut FlowersSweet Leaf Cardstock – 2 ¾”x 2 ¾” (4) Pear Cardstock – Cricut Cut Bloom @ 2”

2. Next, sponge ink the edges of all pieces of paper tone on tone. I used glacier ink on the patterned paper.

3. Use your Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and mat to line up the base page off-set by ½” on each end. For the first piece, I laid the base page at 2 ¼” on one end of the mat and at 2 ¾” on the other end. Then begin layering your papers following the straight line created by the laser.

4. Using the same strategy, offset the second base page by ½” on the mat and then use the laser line to line up each piece of paper.







5. Using the laser square and multi-mat offset the layout by ½” and attach each element of the layout
as shown.








6. Align and layer the photo mat and then attach to layout using the Get-It-Straight Laser Square.







7. Attach title by offsetting each color slightly.

8. Attach Stamped flowers, butterflies, and sequins to layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment