"DUCK COMMANDER®" - SLATE COASTERS
Designed by Martha Lucia GomezHi everyone, Martha Lucia here to share with you my recent creation using the Duck Commander® Stamps. For today I made a tutorial to show you how to make four slate coasters using the embossing technique over the stones. I bought these coasters in a craft store and they have the perfect size for this project, 4"x4" and come in packages of four.
- KellyCraft™ Get-It- Straight Laser Square and Multi Mat
- KellyCraft™ Duck Commander® Wood Stamps
- Versamark Ink
- Embossing Buddy
- Embossing Powder Crushed Curry or any color
- Heat Tool
- Card Stock
- Classic Ink Baked Brown Sugar
- Baker's Twine Brown Sugar
- Snail Adhesive
1. Clean the slate coasters with a dry cloth or paper towel. After, rub very well with the embossing buddy to eliminate the static and moisture on the stones. Ink your stamp with Versamark and align it with the Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to stamp it directly over the stone.
2. Cover your image with the embossing powder, remove the excess and melt with the heat tool. Be careful because the stone will become very hot. Clean the stone with a paper towel or dry cloth.
3. Here some photos of the process with the other coasters using some of the big images of collection of Duck Commander® Wood Stamps.
4. To decorate my project, I stamped a main image over cardstock and layered it over crushed curry cardstock.5. I put an eyelet on the corner and tied the four slate coasters with bakers twine baked brown.
I hope my idea inspired you and and thank you for stopping by today. Come back to see more creative projects. See you soon! Martha Lucia