Monday, September 2, 2013

Jimbo Lojik Blogging with Clearsnap



Join us everyday this week while we blog right along with Clearsnap, makers of fabulous inks, sprays, embossing powders and so much more!  The KellyCraft Design Team and Clearsnap Design Team will be showcasing KellyCraft's new line of Jimbo Lojik Stamps paired with Clearsnap Inks....

Starting off today is:

Words to the Wise by Candice Windham



When I first saw the new Jimbo Lojik stamps at the Craft andHobby Show, I thought, “Finally, there’s someone who thinks like me.” These word stamps are straight from my Granny’s mouth … or from my Dad, my crazy aunt and all the people I dealt with on a regular basis while I was growing up. There is such a variety of phrases and something for every occasion. I had a tough time selecting one for this hop, because they are all so down-to-earth funny.

I combined them with beautiful Clearsnap Color Box inks, Smooch Pearlized Accent Inks and a couple of my new Spellbinders curvy borders to create this fun card. I plan to send it to one of my good friends, who is definitelya drama queen. We have been saying this to each other for years. Obviously, I can be a bit of a drama queen myself.

Here’s how I did it:

Supplies
Instructions
  1. Cut three borders with Spellbinders curved borders die. The top sheet should be approximately 2 7/8” wide at the bottom and top and 5” tall. Sponge the edges of the top sheet and the bottom curve with Chestnut ink. Stamp the swirl stamp on the top sheet with Chestnut ink. Adhere all layers together.
  2. Stamp the legs stamp on white cardstock. Color with colored pencils. Add Smooch in Pool to the shoes and Gold Lamé to the base. Adhere to card front with Glue Dots.
  3. Stamp Jimbo Lojik sentiment in Wicked Black ink on cream cardstock. Trim top and bottom on trimmer, then tear left and right edges. Sponge all edges with Chestnut and Alpine inks. Trim a scrap of printed cardstock slightly larger than sentiment card and ink edges. Attach the sentiment to the printed cardstock slightly askew, then attach to card with glue dots.
  4. Attach ribbon to back of card with small glue dot. Wrap around the card twice and glue end with glue dot. Tie excess ribbon in a bow around the two strips on the front. Add feather.
  5. Attach to front of folded card. Trim card right edge to fit the curve and ink the edge with Chestnut ink.
That’s’ it. See how easy that was?

Visit Candice's Blog
Be sure to visit the Clearsnap blog to see what they created with the new Jimbo Lojik Stamps!

3 comments: