Friday, November 15, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude



This past year, I was challenged by my supervisor at school to pick a word to define my school year. The word I choose was Positive because I felt that I needed to work on getting back to my more positive upbeat self. I really wasn't sure if having a word would make much difference, but it has certainly helped me to focus on the positive things in my school life. When I saw the title of a blog hop I recently entered, I thought that Gratitude would be a great word for me to embrace in 2014 at home and at work. I wanted to make a Gratitude journal that I could write in each night and list at least one thing I was grateful for on that day. I am learning that for many things in life, it truly is mind over matter. Having the right mind set may not solve every problem, but it is a great way to start!



 Supplies: 

Frosted Paper Pack - Close To My Heart 
Always Grateful & Frosted Cardmaking WOTG Stamp Sets - Close To My Heart 
Silver Glitter Gems & Silver Baker's Twine - Close To My Heart
Slate & Crystal Blue Ink Pads - Close To My Heart 
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge - Close To My Heart 
My Creations Journal - Close To My Heart 
Various Ribbons- Close To My Heart 
Scotch ATG 
Glue Dots 
Pop Dots

1. First I gathered my supplies.


2. Next, I started with a  5x7 card base using the frosted paper pack and added several layers.



3. I love the stamp set Always Grateful. One of my favorite sayings is featured on that set, "Gratitude Turns What We Have Into Enough." I added a set of stamped trees with some snowflakes in the background to create a soft, whimsical look.


 4. What project would be complete without some bling, so I added several silver glitter gems.



I took the finished card and slid it into the front cover of the My Creations Journal. For the finishing touch, I tied ribbon on the spirals on the side. Now to get started writing down all of the things for which I am grateful!




No comments:

Post a Comment