Tuesday, April 21, 2015

3 Speeds Card by Martha Lucia Gomez

DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK


3 Speeds Card 
Designed By Martha Lucia Gomez 

Hi everyone, Martha Lucia here with a "Football Card" to share with you. Today I am featuring one image of the Jimbo Lojik Collection J Stamp Set, one of my favorites sets of the entire collection. And of course my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™, the best tools that I have in my Atelier to create my cards and art crafts.


 MATERIALS:

DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK




INSTRUCTIONS: 

DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK 1. To create this project I am using a Football Player Laser Cut from Unique Laser Designs. It's comes in natural wood and I decided to give color using ESF Chalk It Up Cherry Jubilee.  

DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK 2. I applied the ESF Chalk It Up with a Black Gold by Dynasty paint brush and let it dry for a few minutes.

DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK
3. After this, I cut the base of my card using Real Red card stock. The size of the card is a regular size 5-1/2"x4-1/4". I also cut the second and third layers. The second layer is night of navy and the size is 5-3/8"x4-1/8". The third layer is 5-1/8"x3-7/8".

DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK 4. I decided to stamp the sentiment first, using my Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square. This helps me to align all my stamps. The Jimbo Lojik™ stamps are clear acrylic, but I also use this great tool for wood stamps.

  5. Using a distress tool, I created a distress border over the second layer. 6. Then, I aligned the three layers and pasted these using snail adhesive.


DON'T PUSH YOUR LUCKDON'T PUSH YOUR LUCK 6. When the base of the card was finished, I pasted the special details. I embossed a piece of card stock with a Circle Interlock Embossing Folder and pasted this over the white layer. I cut a circle with a framelit and pasted it with snail adhesive too. I finally pasted my principal embellishment: the painted football player.

I always use my Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align the layers, the embellishments and all the pieces that I use in my creation: believe me, this tool is a real investment. I hope my project inspired you, and come back soon for more ideas! -  Martha Lucia

No comments:

Post a Comment