April is always a special month for our family because it is autism awareness month. It's always autism awareness time at our house, but hopefully others get to learn a little more about it during the month of April and then carry that knowledge and understanding with them. We have a house full of love and craziness! We are so blessed to have children that bring so much sunshine into our lives and a son that teaches us something every day, even if that lesson is how to have just a little more patience. Autism hasn't made our lives sad, but incredibly amazing. Of course we have our bad days, but thankfully the good out number them. And that always makes for some great photo ops! So normal at our house? That's just a setting on our dryer! And KellyCraft™ helped me capture it in a layout.
KellyCraft™ - Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™
- Jimbo Lojik Stamp Set G
CTMH You Are My Happy and Handwritten Print alphabet stamp sets
CTMH Chalk It Up and American Crafts Show and Tell Patterned papers
CTMH Hollyhock, Sunset, Honey, Pear, Lagoon and Pacifica cardstocks
Cricut Artist cartridge
Scotch ATG and pop dots
1. Cut papers as follows:
Puzzle pattern 2 @ 6"x12"; dovetail one end of each
Star pattern 2 @ 2 1/2"x12"; then cut in 4" & 8" pieces
Hollyhock strips 2 @ 1"x7 1/2" & 2 @ 1"x3 1/2" dovetail ends
Lagoon photo mats 2 @ 4 1/4"x4 1/4", 1 @ 4 1/4"x6 1/4"
Pear photo mat 4 1/4"x6 1/4"
Cardstock strips 1"x approx 5"
White cardstock 3"x1 5/8
2. Sponge ink your edges in black.
3. By placing another craft mat next to your Multi-Mat™, you can set your Get-It-Straight™ Laser line at 9" and it will shine the full 2 pages and adhere your puzzle pattern papers.
4. Adhere your star pattern papers and hollyhock strips flush against the puzzle paper.
5. Place your laser 1" from the top of the puzzle pattern to line up your photo mats and adhere.
6. Use you Get-It-Straight laser Square to stamp the words on your banners. Then crop accordingly and dovetail the ends.
7. Use your Get-It-Straight laser Square at 6" to align your Totally and Intelligent banners, then turn your page to align the remaining banners and adhere with pop dots.
8. Cut multiple puzzle pieces in multiple colors with the Cricut. Adhere along the bottom of the Pear photo mat and in various places on your layout with pop dots.
9. Stamp your Jimbo Lojik phrase on the white cardstock and adhere to a group of puzzle pieces, the pop dot in place.
10. Use your Laser Square to align your photos. Probably better done after step 5, but still works with the word banners already in place!
And your layout is complete!