Monday, November 24, 2014
Lost in this moment with you! - Altered Embroidery Hoop by Martha Lucia Gomez
Lost in this Moment with You - Altered Embroidery Hoop
Designed by Martha Lucia Gomez
Hi, its Martha Lucia and I have a fun project for you today using a embroidery hoop of 8 inches!
KellyCraft Innovations - Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square
- Jimbo Lojik™ Stamps - Set B
Card stock - Whisper White & Ivory
Sizzix® Big Shot Machine
Stampin-Up® - Six-Sided Sampler stamp set
- Flower Patch stamp set
- Flower Fair Framelits
- Hexagon punch
- Classic ink pads - multiple colors
Tsukineko Versamark embossing pad
Gold embossing powder
Heat tool, embossing buddy, bone folder,
Tombow® Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. I started by creating the base of my project, a big circle. For this I measured the diameter of the inside of the hoop and then, with my Cricut Explore, created and cut the circle from ivory card stock.
2. I selected my stamp set to create a background over the base. I stamped the images with Versamark and embossed with gold powder, using my heat tool. I stamped the images on ivory and whisper white card stock.
4. To create the design, I used the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square. I started from the middle of the circle to align the hexagons. With this tool, it was very easy to put them all in place and create the design that I wanted. To keep them in place as the base of my project, I used the magnets that come with the Multi-Mat.
5. After I finished the base, I needed to create the decorations. I used some flowers and
6. After I cut the flowers, I curved the petals with my bone folder to create more dimension and pasted them with Dimensionals.
7. I used Tombo Multi Liquid Glue to paste the base of my project to the embroideryhoop. But before this process I aligned the base, using again my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square.
8. I waited until the project was dry. It took only a few minutes, but I continued working on my other elements. At this point I was creating a mat for my photo . I just cut the mat a quarter of inch bigger than the photo and, using my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square, aligned it perfectly. I also needed to create a sentiment for my frame and I decided to use one of the verses on the KellyCraft™ Jimbo Lojik™ Stamp Set B.
9. Finally, I pasted the photo and the sentiment with Dimensionals over my base, using the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square to align the verse.
I really enjoyed making this project and believe me, with these excellent tools is is very easy to create fun projects!