Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fear the Beard with the Duckmen - Card by Monica Edwards


Fear the Beard!  
Designed by Monica Edwards 

Hi everyone Monica here with a card I created using the KellyCraft™ Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™, and a Duck Commander® stamp.

Materials:

KellyCraft™ - Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square
                 - Multi-Mat™
                 - Duck Commander® Wood Stamp - Duck Men
Black ink pad 
Close to my Heart - patterned paper in two different styles 
Distressing Tool
Sewing Machine - to sew the edges
Paper trimmer 

I cut a piece of solid card stock and fold in half to create card.  I then cut a piece of patterned paper approximately 1/4" smaller on all sides than front of card, and cut another piece of patterned paper about 1" smaller than card front.  

I had to make sure the images were evenly lined up with one another for this card because I created a double stamped image card - with the images side by side to form a sort of mirrored look.  The Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™ made this easy to do!  

I cut a piece of patterned paper to serve as a mat for the Duck Men images.  

I stamped the Fear the Beard verse and trimmed around the verse.

I then took my distressing tool and distressed the layers of patterned paper.  I love how this came out and I would take a toothpick and curl the edges

Then I used my sewing machine and stitched the outer edge on the 2nd layer of patterned paper.

All the layers were mounted to the card front, using the Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align the first layer.  The second piece was mounted unaligned as shown, as was the Duck Men and the Fear the Beard verse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment