Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Life is Better in Flip Flops Layout by Kristina Beagle

Life is Better in Flip Flops 
Designed by Kristina Beagle

The days may be getting colder, but it's the perfect time to remember vacation memories - especially those of warm sunny days in flip flops!

Materials:


KellyCraft™ - Jimbo Lojik Set E
                      - Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square
DCWV, Summer Dream Stack & Glitter Cardstock Stack
MementoLux, Lilac Posies ink
Cricut Expression 2, Life's a Beach cartridge
Martha Stewart decorative circle punch
Paper trimmer, adhesive












Instructions:

1) First cut all page elements from coordinating cardstock. For my sketch, I used a 4x11 inch block of a chunky bold pattern, and a 4x6 inch block of a more uniform pattern. I also cut a circle doiley element using a Martha Stewart circle end punch.

2) Now I begin to assemble my page, lining everything up with the Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square. I
also use the laser square to remember where I want my page elements placed while I’m loading them up with adhesives. For example, I wanted the circle on the page in a specific location so that it would line up with the other photos, so I placed it where I wanted it, marked it with the laser square, and then I could take it back of the place my adhesives before permanently affixing to the page.


3) Next I matted/framed all the page photos on matching cardstock. For these I went with a ¼ inch
step up from the photos. 4x6 Photo was mounted to a 4.5x6.5 and so on, with the 4x4 and 3.5x3.5 inch photos.   I then added the matted photos to the layout, using the Get-it-Straight™ user square to align them.

4) Stamp "life is better in flip flops" and trim around verse.  I always add my titles last in order to find the perfect place. 

5) And finally, embellish the page with die cuts, bling and misc embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment