Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dream BIG Chalkboard by Candice Windham


Dream BIG Chalkboard
Designed by Candice Windham

I love chalkboards.  I loved the easel-style ones Santa brought me when I was a child, even though it seemed that the legs fell apart a few days into the new year.  I loved hearing my Granny tell stories of carrying a slate to school on which she did all her work.  I love the big green ones from my school. They had the softest feel and the chalk would glide over them like it was butter.

My first grade teacher had a contraption that would hold several pieces of chalk at a time and she would draw bars across the board, perfectly spaced.  She really had a talent for this, and early on, I knew that I didn’t.  I would start perfectly level, then the upper line would start creeping toward the ceiling.  By the time I got across the board, it looked a lot like Mt. Everest.  That’s why I love my KellyCraft™ Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™ Docking Station. I get it right the first time, every time, and with my love of chalkboards, this is the perfect tool for me.  Now if only I could improve my handwriting!  Here are the easy-peasy directions for this Dream Big board.

Materials:

Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™ Docking Station
Chalkboard
Chalk

Directions:

1. Place the chalkboard on the Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™ and line it up on the
top and right edges.

2. Determine where you want to place Dream and place the cursor where you want your lower edge. Write “Dream across this line. Tip: Write it out on paper first to determine how much margin to leave.











3. Determine where you want to place Big and
adjust the cursor where you want the lower edge. Write BIG across this line.

4. Add additional colors as desired.  If you have a multi-line phrase, just divide the height of the chalkboard equally and adjust your Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square as you go.

I have to say, this is the shortest set of instructions I’ve ever written.  I’ll be meeting up with the KellyCraft team in Anaheim this week at the Craft and Hobby Association Convention and Trade Show and will report what I see that’s new and really cool when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment