Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Duck Stops Here Card by Monica Edwards

The Duck Stops Here 
Created by Monica Edwards 

Hi everyone here is a card I created for KellyCraft™ with my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square and Multi-Mat™.   I created a sort of collage with the stamp and then matted it against some matching patterned paper.  I used my tool to make sure the stamped pictures were lined up evenly.  Then I added some buttons - I am notorious for adding embellies on my card crooked and Iove my Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square because now everything is aligned perfectly.

Materials:


KellyCraft™-  Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square, Multi-Mat™
                     - Duck Commander® The Duck Stops Here stamp 
Black card stock
Wood grained patterned paper, brick red houndstooth patterned paper
Black ink pad
Dark yellow buttons
Adhesive
Scissors, Paper Trimmer 





Instructions:

Ink stamp with black ink and stamp 4 times on wood grain patterned paper.  Cut out each image and rough up edges a bit.  

Use Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square to align and mount 4 images, 2 over 2, on brick red houndstooth patterned paper.  Trim paper to create mat about 1/8" on all sides.

Cut second piece of wood grain patterned paper to serve as accent piece beneath stamped images.  Mount off center on the right upper front of card, about 1/8" from edges.   

Mount stamped images centered on card front.

Use the Get-It-Straight™ Laser Square to measure in about 1" from right edge, then use end of scissor to gently tear down on wood grain paper about 1".  

Use Get-it-Straight™ Laser Square to align and mount 2 buttons to the right of stamped images on wood grained paper.  












I hope everyone has enjoyed my post for today and thanks so much fro stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment